Health/What is Health
Health is a combination of your physical and mental ability, how well and functional you have kept both, without any sign of illness and disease.
And of course, who knows more than WHO. In 1948, the World Health organization WHO defined health as,
“Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Although, physical health is only one aspect of your overall health. Physical health is your body’s ability to perform tasks. In, simple term “how good is your body in performing physical tasks”. Now, physical health mainly depends upon four factors.
- Diet – How good your diet is according to your body type.
- Rest – At least sleep for 8 hours every night.
- Exercise – Daily exercise for at least 45 minutes is compulsory.
- Habits – How good your habits are, smoking, drinking or any kind of bad habit affect your physical health.
Mental health refers to your logical, emotional and psychological well-being. How capable you are, in handing all your stress (related to professional life and personal life), and still manage to deliver your responsibilities.
WHAT IS HEALTHCARE ?
The efforts taken by you to maintain or improve your physical or mental health is healthcare. Trying your best, to take care of your health.
Health Benefits/ Health advantages
A good health is always beneficial. Everyone desire a healthy life.
Top Eight Health tips for Healthy life.
- EAT HEALTHY/EAT BETTER – Eating healthy means eating healthy food, clean meals at regular time intervals. A healthy diet contains combination of different fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, meat, low-fat milk products. By eating healthy, your body will be capable enough to fight against diseases.
- Quit SMOKING – Now, common we all know smoking is injurious to health, smoking causes lung disease, heart strokes and it has much more to offer. Smoking is dangerous to direct smokers and passive smokers as well. Currently, we have approx. over 1 billion people who smoke cigarettes all over the world. Although, by personal experience I can tell that quitting smoking is not easy, but for a healthier life, this decision has to be taken by everyone (who smokes), as soon as possible.
- EXERCISE Daily – One should exercise daily for at least 45 min to 60 min. It keeps your body and mind active. Exercise enhances your reflex actions. All day long, your metabolism is high. Running, cycling, swimming are some of the complete exercises.
- AVOID Food that Speed Up Your AGING Process – Avoid Bread, Deep fried foods, wafers, Potato chips, or crisps, avoid cooking food at high flame all the time, avoid heating your food using microwaves, avoid intake of food which are having saturated fats, generally processed meats are usually high in saturated fats and have nitrates in them where sodium nitrate is used as preservative, which can cause you serious heart problems.
- SLEEP/REST – An adult needs at least 7 to 8 hours of interrupted sleep. Poor sleeping habit can make you fat and lazy, where as, good sleeping habit can improve, your mood, your energy level, your concentration on work, productivity and it makes you feel good all the time.
- SOFT drinks/ COLD drinks/ SODA/ DIET soda- These drinks are rich in sugar and boost stroke risk. Generally, soft drinks/soda contain carbonic and phosphoric acids. Although, your body needs phosphoric acid but too much consumption can lead you to heart disease.
- Stretching and Yoga – Generally, people can’t differ between exercise and stretching. In stretching, a specific muscle is stretched or flexed in order to improve flexibility, muscle control and to achieve ease of motion. Human body is born flexible, and we all should try to maintain this quality as long as possible through yoga or stretching. By its regular practice strength and flexibility both are developed in your body. Once, you achieve both, your body will be able to withstand more physical stress.
- Positive attitude – People having an optimistic attitude – a normal feeling that something good will happen or expecting good and positive things to happen, may lead you to several health benefits such as good immunity, lower risk of heart attack, normal blood pressure and sugar levels. Other studies shows, that optimists are actually good planners, they manage their responsibilities and stress well as compared with others and effective stress management provides you with better health.